Monday, February 1, 2010

Oscar Nominees Announced Tomorrow, Bright and Early. No Need to Get Up- I Will

At 5:30 tomorrow morning, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will announce the nominees. You needn't bother yourself with getting up to find out whose careers, and egos, will be boosted-I'll do it! Not that anyone else cares that much to wake up that early.

For the first time since the '20s, I believe, there will be 10 Best Picture nominees. The higher-ups in Hollywood would like us to believe it's because they want to give more mainstream movies a chance at winning, but don't let them fool you. There are 10 because more movie studios want to make more money. But more on that later.

I won't spend time here predicting who will be nominated. I'm really not expecting too many surprises. The only thing that would really bust my chops is if The Academy fails to recognize the year's BEST, most entertaining, most uplifting film-"Up"- with not only a Best Animated Feature nod (it'll take home the prize in that category), but also with a Best Picture nod. But I'll let you know who the nominees are tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment