Friday, January 8, 2010

Janelle Stickin' it to the movie 'Man'




I LOVE going to the movies. It is a magical experience for me. I'm handed a special ticket that admits me to the hottest movie in town; on special occasions Janelle allows me to buy some delicious, golden, buttery popcorn- my favorite; every once in a while, thanks to my AMC Movie Watchers card, I get a gift like a free small drink, or even a free ticket to come back! But despite all of a movie theater's wonderful qualities, they do have some very silly rules.

For instance, I've never paid much attention to the "No outside food or drinks" rule that theaters have. In fact, I've even devised ways of getting larger-than-usual treats into the theater undetected (just picture Janelle concealing a tube of yard-long licorice down her pantleg).

Well, during our last movie outing, Janelle did something that brought down the whole system...something that made me so proud to be her husband. While I saved seats, Janelle went downstairs to the DQ to get a couple of blizzards (she got Banana Cream Pie, I got Butterfinger...but that's not important right now). According to Janelle, when she attempted to walk back into the theater with the blizzards, "this dorky 13 year-old kid" told her they didn't allow outside food. Her reply: "Okay"...as she walked right past him. The kid at the door called after her, "that means you have to eat it outside." My wonderful wife's response: "Well, my husband's in there, so I'm going to go give this to him." And she turned and walked away, leaving the teenager stunned and confused. YES! Yes, yes, yes! She rocked that teenager's world. After handing me my Butterfinger blizzard and relating the experience to me, Janelle sealed her act of rebellion by adding "What was he gonna do?"

I love this woman.

1 comment:

  1. Jeffrey, I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I'll be a regular reader from now on. In fact, you've convinced me to see "Avatar." I don't care for science fiction, but, on your recommendation, I'll bite. Thanks. Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete